Paper mills often face the challenge that the water cycle is not optimized or the paper mill neighborhood complains about odor nuisance.
LEVACO has developed the product DEFOKALK® 450 FD: A pH value regulating, natural, inorganic additive, which is applied in the paper machine circuit, and reduces the hardness of the water.
- Control of the pH value
- Reduction of the formation of carbon dioxide
- Precipitation of the calcium hydrogen carbonate formed
- Discharge of the calcium carbonate via paper
- Reduction of organic acids by acid-base neutralization
- A CO2-neutral version is available
If you know the problems and want to combat them with a CO2-neutral version, feel free to contact us or request the DEFOKALK® 450 FD case study.
2012/481/EU printed paper
2014/256/EU converted paper products
2019/70 Annex I graphic paper
2019/70 Annex II tissue paper
DE-UZ 5 - Sanitary paper products made of recycled paper
DE-UZ 14a - Recycled paper
DE-UZ 56 - Recycled cardboard
DE-UZ 72 - Printing and publication of papers
Paper Products - Chemical Module